Friday, August 06, 2004

last nite i discovered who i am.....

ummmmm...... so before you (or I) think I've finally lost it - this is what I was thinking as I drove home from my shift at Tescos. I've been working there 8 months now - 2 nites a week (6pm til midnite - I wouldnt recommend if it was the last job on earth - too much time to think!). Until last nite I was one of the faceless shelf stackers quietly putting out the biccies, coffee, cereals, crisps etc on the shelves & generally trying to be ignored by customers...... not any more. I now have a name badge !! To the customers that come in now I am "Deirdre" (it only took about 5 goes for my boss to spell my name rite.) I am smiley, happy, "how can I help you & welcome to Tescos" Deirdre. Ummmm am not sure that I'll like this new me - I liked being faceless & ignored....

but its got me thinking - who am i really ? why do i exist ? what has God put me on this earth for ? well, just a few of lifes big questions really - something to think about on tonite's shift.... (and if any of you do have the answer - send them on a postcard & then I can think about something else -lol)

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 06, 2004 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Andrew G said...

oh Deirdre... i'm so glad you've started.

re:finding yourself
al least in my life, it's more about digging into what the Father says about me rather than what other people say. I bless you to hear him in a new way...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home