Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Grrr at mobile phones

I've come to the realisation that me & technology don't get on that well.

As a lone worker out on the road much of my working week I largely rely on my mobile phone to keep in contact with co-workers, young people, other professionals & the office.

About 4 weeks ago my work phone died - I say died, it more froze & refused to respond to my thumping buttons (even when I took the battery out it stayed on (don't ask me how !)). So I left it in to be fixed....... got it back a week later - it died exactly the same way less than 12 hrs later (imagine being woken up at 6am to your phone making wierd high pitched squeals). I left it back in & almost 3 weeks later, I picked it up yesterday being assured that it had been sent to Nokia - all parts had been replaced & yes, it was working perfectly. Well, it made it 14 hrs this time & died this morning.

So have left it in a third time (!!), actually I lie, I gave it to my boss & asked (nicely) that he would sort it (maybe throw it at a communicaton manager or something....). I now have a brick to carry around with me - I think it would be easier to have a couple of bean tins & string........

PLEASE can I just have a new phone ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home