Friday, October 14, 2005

Holidaying in the US

So after too many months am finally back in the US. My journey is 2 fold -

1. my little (well he's still taller, just younger) brother got married in Solon, Ohio last week. My family came over for the wedding. He married a girl from London.... why they couldnt come to the UK to get married is beyond me - it would've been cheaper to get 2 people to travel back to us than get 20 people (between both families) to fly out here........ but no matter.

2. The better half of my trip & my vacation for the year........ has been to pay a visit to Sarah Wagler. I've been staying with her this week - I"m here another 6 days - I don't want to leave, but am not thinking about that right now - I'll just enjoy the time I have.

It's been so much fun - though it would be said my girly side comes out when I'm with Sarah - I find myself doing things like teaching her to cook ...... knitting (!?! - I haven't done that in about 20 years, but have managed to knit a autumnal scarf without dropping too many stitches)...... clothes shopping (let's face it, I hate clothes shopping, even if you wouldnt thin k it by the amount of stuff I bought in Old Navy - my excuse is it hasn't made it to Ireland yet. I LOVE OLD NAVY !!)...... BUT the best thing of all I think we have done so far is BELLY DANCING !! Yup, you read right..... Sarah, Charlie, Hannah & I went last night all ready to shake our booties (or should that be bellies ?). It was a lot of fun - though it would be said Sarah has the moves, I only have the belly...... I think I need to practice some before we go next week. It really is very graceful (not at all what I expected), I might even be graceful one day - if i could do any of the moves..... I might have to check out a class at home. I shall keep you posted.....

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 4:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who believes that its true that Deirds does not have the belly dancing moves is grossly mistaken, and needs to take an evening to watch the video from the secret camera I hid in our living room while she practiced her "hip twist body roll" one evening.

As for you, our little middle eastern sashe-er, you're in denial. You know belly dancing is the calling you've been searching for....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home