Tuesday, October 18, 2005

In Honour of Sarah......./ Cheap Intimacy

So its my last day here - am sitting in the solarium listening to Longview on my ipod & checking my emails & thinking I should post my thoughts on my often neglected blog (I told Sarah I would days ago......) This entry is in honour of her.

I can't believe I've been here 10 days - it feels like forever & yet like I only arrived yesterday at the same time. It's been a really good vacation - having the chance to hang out, take space, eat good food (you're a great cook Sarah!!) drink coffee, & watch an entire series of Lost was just what I needed........ if you haven't done it before, I don't recommend trying to work an entire summer without a break. It would be great to stay longer - move in with sarah for real & be a room-mate, but I guess I have a job & stuff I need to go home to......

So the point of this entry - blogging - is it really cheap intimacy ? Sharing my innermost thoughts with a few (select) friends around the world (yes if I've given you this website you are honoured & select!!) & any strangers who happen to somehow (?) stumble on this page......... I don't honestly know - Sarah says "yes it is". I don't think it is - I don't share my innermost thoughts I guess -they go in my journal. I read somewhere this week that you can't be intimate with God unless you are honest with Him, maybe that's true for blogging. But I guess while I'm honest on these pages, I'm not at the spill my guts level - if anyone really wants to know how I'm doing, they can always email or call.......... intimacy works in both directions - someone is going to have to be interested & care enough before I'll tell them what is really going on behind the mask. Maybe some blogs try to be intimate - it is easier to write about what is going on than talk about it - but I guess what I'm saying is you probably won't find my secret thoughts or heart's cry on this blog - for that you'll have to buy me a coffee :)

Ummm that was a bit of a ramble.......

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 6:42:00 PM, Blogger Mimosa said...

Lol I am one of those random people who somehow ended up in your blog! Nice post! I like that "if you want to know me more you have to buy me a coffee" - it's so true! I think maybe one part of me ends up in my blog, but it's really not the whole truth.

Btw, I was in N-I a year ago for a week, loved it!! Styaed in Co.Down, in Annalong and visited Belfast..Thought Belfast was great!!

ok, well, Be Blessed!

With Greetings from Finland,
Mimosa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home