Thursday, November 17, 2005

Choice

A very sad thing happened last week - I turned on our TV to watch my favourite programme (Spooks) and was greeted with a blue line across the screen and perfect sound.......

Our TV had got sick (sniff sniff).

And so it went to the repair man....... who had it all weekend.

I usually don't watch much TV but coming home from work & seeing a gaping hole where it used to sit.........

It made me think about choice. I've always said that when I get my own place I don't want a TV in it. It was strange how much I felt differently when it was gone - I almost went out & bought a portable one (sad I know!!) !! People in work were horrified that we didn't have one in every room.

It was strange how my "need"/ desire for a TV changed when my choice was taken away as to whether or not I wanted it. I wonder what else this could be true of...... and the question now is -

will i survive without a TV in my own place ??

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 28, 2005 11:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Ello Irish princess!
I'm sorry for your loss...I'd be lost without alias!

Similar situation: Got that mri job back in February and have been forced to work Sundays for the last 10 monthes. I never knew how much I wanted to go to church until the choice was taken away from me. SO I prayed like a mad woman for Sundays off, and VOILA I now have them OFF! Jesus is good to me! Anyway...I know what you mean about choice. Like, we don't know what we've got until it's taken away from us. =) TV isn't the enemy...don't let anyone tell you different.

HEY! I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home