Thursday, August 03, 2006

Zambia Here I Come


I can't believe it's finally here - our money is raised, my packing is done, passport & spending money is ready - all i have to do now is get on a plane !!

Tomorrow morning 23 (13 youth & 10 adults) of us head off bright & early on our jouney to Zambia. We are going to build houses with Habitat for Humanity in Lusaka for a week & then travel to Livingstone to see Victoria Falls (one of the natural wonders of the world) & maybe a spot of white water rafting down the Zambezi River (grade 5 rapids all the way !!)

Please pray for us - I'm the only first aider on the trip - please pray for our saftey. As long as blisters are all i have to deal with i'll be happy.......

Will keep you updated on how we get on.

For more info on Zambia see here

2 Comments:

At Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Simon said...

well done. Enjoy the trip.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 12:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck. Have a good trip. And when you get back, you might drop me a line with any suggestions you have for raising the money to go on this trip. I'm heading to Lesotho next April and I'm looking for suggestions. I have quite a few ideas already but it just seems a little daunting having to raise so much cash!

I'd like to hear how you get on over there, whether or not you're planning to do this on your blog.

Anyway, enjoy and be safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home