Saturday, September 25, 2004

My phobia

I am truly phobic about dentists. Too many bad experiences as a child & teenager have left me traumatised to the point where I almost need tranquilised before i'll sit in the chair (and i have been over the years more than once!) So its coming up to the six monthly check up (in fact its probably past it) - my theory is, if it aint sore, why go ? I've been too many times and once they start poking I'm in pain for weeks (and it costs a fortune). I decided this afternoon that I should probably face my fear and go for a check up. So about 3pm I call & make an appointment for next week. At 6pm, my tooth breaks off and falls out !!! Now if this was a back tooth, I'd be ok - unfortunately its not - its the one at the front of my mouth, so at the minute when i smile I look a bit more freakish than usual. But its not sore...... who knows, I could get to like this look......

2 Comments:

At Saturday, September 25, 2004 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Andrew G said...

oh my gosh. Are you in pain!!!???!!

that's freaky. Maybe God really wants you to go!
Keep us updated on how the appointment goes.

 
At Sunday, September 26, 2004 4:02:00 PM, Blogger Deirds said...

not in the least bit of pain (PTL) but i did have fun scaring all the kids at church this morning - I only had to smile & they ran away screaming (ok so maybe thats a bit strong, but they did scream when I Was talking to them & the bit of tooth I'd pushed back in fell out again!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home