Wednesday, October 20, 2004

All Done !

Well made it to the dentist (my fav place in the world.......) on Monday avo. S'funny cos on Sunday Mark had been teaching about handling your emotions n stuff. So as i'm heading out to the dentist he's shouting after me to remember the teaching. Thought about it as I drove over. Came up with this : My primary emotion is fear because my experience as a child with dentists wasn't a good one. Now that I am an adult, dentistry has come along way, I have a new & good dentist now, so i don't need to be afraid. So I sat in the chair and repeated 'God is with me, & I dont need to be afraid cos its not going to hurt as much.' And guess what ???? It didn't. PTL !!!!

So now I'm all done :) The down side is that it cost me £100 :( and now I'm on a dental insurance programme that I have to pay for every month.........

but feeling way happier now that I dont have to see the dentist for 6 months.

On another note heading to Bath tomorrow to Bath City Church for a "Healing, Wholeness and Freedom Conference" run by TACF - looking forward to getting away & to seeing people again as well as hearing & experiencing God again - it's been a while.

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 22, 2004 4:28:00 AM, Blogger Andrew G said...

GET FILLED UP!!!!!

 
At Sunday, October 24, 2004 6:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for bad dad jokes! I'll have to add that one to my list. Just the other day I was thinking about how I'm like my broken down backyard fence and I told someone that,"I feel so defenceless...". I got a bunch of laughs from that one. Anyway...that was irrelivent to your story Dierd. Have a Great time in the Bath, I hope you get soaked! Oh my gosh, I have to stop now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home