Thursday, November 23, 2006

Feeling Thankful

So today is Thanksgiving in America (I remembered this year cos I was speaking to my brother who lives in Ohio - he reminded me. I usually forget).

So I got to thinking this morning - "What am I thankful for ?"

I am thankful:

* that I serve a God who knows me & has called me by name

* that I serve a God who is with me in the pain, questions & struggles I face

* that I have these wonderful people in my life who I'm privileged to know - who have molded me & shaped me into the person I am today (I hope you know who you are - thank you)

* that I am blessed with wonderful friends who I can agree or disagree with and still call them friends

* that I have friends all over the world

* for my family

* that I have a roof over my head, a job to go to & clothes on my back

I have so much to be thankful for & yet don't often take the time to stop & define what (and who) I appreciate. Even tho I'm not American, I can learn from the tradition of Thanksgiving & be thankful for the blessings in my life.

What are you thankful for ?

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for friends too, they make life interesting. And soon as I start to think about all the material blessings in my life, food, shelter, I realise how much I have to be thankful for...and how its so easy to take those things for granted.

I'm also thankful for the big bar of chocolate I just found in my desk.

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Blogger naomimurphy said...

Oh I am 50% American so I really should be thankful!! And I didn't even know it was thanksgiving day!

I am thankful for medication (even though its horrible to take) because so many people die of simple diseases that could be cured with one tablet!

I am thankful for my family, I miss half of them at the min, they are in Thailand!

And...I am thankful for my mates, God is a relational God and as we are made in His image we are also relational so I don't think we could go too long with out our mates.

I just had a McDonalds too which was great, i guess I'm thankful for that too.

Ok I think I'll stop now before I get carried away.xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home